Tuesday, July 30, 2013

investigators and a cool analogy


HOLA!
First off all, sorry I don´t have any pictures this week. haha. I have
a list of things to tell you so here I go.

First of all, I have lost 10 pounds. :) In 4 months finally lost 10 lbs. haha.

So we went to the school here one day to help hermana hassel with her
english class. I introduced us in english and then let them ask me
questions while hermana flores got their addresses...refrences haha. Some
questions were good...others...no. I got questions like...Do you have
a boyfriend? Do you have a boyfriend in Nicaragua? Are you married or do you have a
boyfriend? He wants to know if you want to be his girlfriend. Do you have
sisters...are they all as pretty as you? Other than those questions it
was fun to help them with english. We went back another day and I gave
them each a test. So one by one they came to me and I asked them 4
questions that they had to answer. Easy questions like describe
yourself. Some are really good at english! And others didn´t
understand the questions. It was fun to be a teacher for 2 days. haha

On the bus one day a lady who is from the states got on. I finally got
the courage to talk to her. I turned around and talked to her in
english. Turns out she is from CA and is here learning spanish with
her family. Her husband is a teacher and wants to learn spanish to
talk to the latinos. They came here last summer too I guess, but now
the price is a little more so this might be the last time. She knew
that boys served missions, but not girls. I invited her to church.
Which was weird in english. Haha.

On wednesday I was sick and did not feel good at all. Elder Trujillo
and Rivera came over and gave me a blessing. Then Elder Trujillo asked
if I had a fever. I didn´t know. He goes, let me see your head. haha.
They bought a thermometer for me and i was super close to having a
fever. The elders were really nice and willing to buy medicine for me
if i needed it. So we had our interviews with the mission pres this day, so I
got ready to go to that. The interview...it was a lot of standard
questions to fill out a paper about myself. One of the questions was,
if i were to call your mom and she were to brag about you, what would
she say? and your dad? That was weird to brag about myself. I said
that I love to help people, i love reading the scriptures, and have a
strong testimony. haha. He explained that during these 18 months the
heavens are opened for me and to use it. That I can receive answers
and insights like never before. That I might think it will be like
this forever, but it won´t. He asked about my companion, but I didn´t say
too much about it. One question was about our weight and when I told
his wife, she laughed and said thats nothing. when we flew to
bluefields, they make you stand on a scale in front of everyone...and
they yell out your weight!!! they have to know how much weight is on
the plane hahaa.


Our investigator Fernando. Turns out he moved out of his gf´s house. I
Guess the mom of the house thought he was drinking and didn´t want him
to live there if he was going to drink. He said he wasn´t...so he
moved out. He doesn´t have a permament place to live, but he came to
church and talked to the bishop. He is getting permission from his
parents to be baptized and is going to marry his girlfriend. He still says he
feels alone, and sad, but wants to get baptized. I believe he set
goals with bishop to be baptized the 17 of august.

We also have another investigator, valeria. she is dating a member.
Super positive. You would think she is a member. she goes to church
and believes what we teach. she has a date for the 10 of august.

we had an act for the young people about missionary work. While there
they served dinner. This 14 yr old boy next to m e said, que rico!  (this means how rich, or how plentiful) I
almost started crying because I thought to myself..wow i bet this is
better food then what some of them usually eat.

Jeymy blass...leaves for her mission the 7th!!! she had a going away
party. That was fun. They had speakers, spiritual thoughts and then
food and cake. I am so excited for her!

An analgoy that i like regarding the spirit. So we pray which is like
calling god. So we call and say, ´we are going to teach maria at 4
tomorrow about the plan of salvation.´ then god calls the spirit.
´hey, the sisters are going to teach maria at 4 tomorrow on the plan
of salvation.´ the spirit says, ´oaky sounds good i will be there.´
but if we call god and say, ´hey im going to teach maria at 4
tomorrow.´then god calls the spirit, ´hey they are teaching maria at 4
tomorrow.´ the spirit goes, ´okay great. teaching what?´ then god
says, ´´IDK.´ if we do this...the spirit can´t teach as strongly.
therefore, important to plan, and tell heavenly father our plans.

One day with our investigator fátima...I knew something was wrong, but
she said she was good. After the lesson when we were leaving I asked
her, ´cómo esta?´  (how are you) she replied, ´mas o menos.´  (so so) ahaha. so i then asked,
´porque mas o menos?´ (why so so)  she explained that yesterday was her abuelas (grandmothers)
funeral. I reminded her that we are here for her always if she needs
anything, or to talk. she said she knows.


I will try harder this week to focus on my investigators and see
what happens. I know that God is our loving heavenly father. I know
this gospel truly changes people and fills people with joy. I know
that missionary work is super important, and I wish i would have
shared it more before my mission.

Have a great week everyone!! I love you!! Oh i also got an email from
an rm (returned missionary)  who served here. she is super sweet.

also got a letter from mom, becca, aubree, grandpa and grandma
alatorre, elder peterson...

love,
hermana chase :)


No comments:

Post a Comment