Wednesday, September 25, 2013

dr. apt, a hot shower, and continued faith


Hola my loved ones!!! 

So we visited marvin and yesenia. Marvin is less active and the last time we went, marvin hadn´t been home for a week because he was out drinking. Well this time he was home, but still had alcohol in his body. They were talking to his brother on the phone and they wanted me to talk to him in english. He lives in the states...for about 7 years but still doesn´t really know english. 

Monday night, hermana russell  (our mission president’s wife) called and asked about my leg. She told me she was going to make an appointment with a dermatologist for my leg. My companion later told me that maybe my parents called her...turns out they emailed her. haaha.. Gracias, for my loving parents who still take care of me so far away. i have a great family.

Tuesday we had divisions in the zone. I went with hermana cancinos...again. haha. But in a different area...masatepe. When we got to her house she made me a ham sandwich for breakfast. For language study we read mosiah 27 in english and spanish. she likes verse 13 that says that NOTHING will bring down the church. and verse 14 because prayers are super powerful. She then started to cry because her family is less active. She is the only active member and its hard to help other families when your own isn`t active. That she prays all the time for her family, and that it hurts. I can relate. I feel the same way having some family that isn`t active in the church. Here, everyday I share this joy that comes from the gospel...I help people come to christ, and some of the dearest people that I love don`t have it. Hermana cancinos is a great example of faith. She knows that God is with her in every aspect of this work. Its amazing. 

It rained while we were there and we didn`t have umbrellas...so we contacted some people and ended up teaching a man lesson 1. After, we asked if he would pray about what we taught. He said uh huh...now will you two pray about what i said, and ask god if it is true and if he says yes, convert? hermana cancinos said no, and he was like...no! did you hear her? afterwards, she asked if he would be baptized and he said yes. super loco...i dont think anything will happen with him.

Also this same day our zone was fasting...well we went to teach a family who had a family member pass away about 4 days earlier. we taught about the plan of salvation and afterwards she gave us a piece of bread and soda. I looked to hermana cancinos...and we ended up eating it. we didnt want to reject it. but then didn`t eat anything else after. a sin for a good cause i guess. 

One good thing...they had hot water! My first warm shower since the ccm!!! it was amazing!!! haha. 

So wednesday we went to managua for my doctors apt. A super nice hospital if i might say! anyways...basically the doctor said its an allergy...to any bite. She prescribed 4 medications...but only 1 cream to take now. the others are for when it is in infected. So for now  I will use the cream...it just doesn´t make sense when it is only 1 leg...and not my whole body. My brother who is a doctor thinks its something else...so if the cream doesn´t work...i  might need to do what my brother says. 

Afterwards we went to the supermarket there...like costco. wow i felt like i was in heaven. haha. this week we made oreo truffles and chocolate covered bananas and pineapple. yummy!!!

The elders stopped taking there clothes to be washed...they don`t get washed good. and the lady has a boy friend now and doesnt have much time to wash. I want to stop going there also, but don`t know anyone who can wash ours...

So the zone leaders planned with us this week for weekly planning, we made pizza with valeria...and she gave us a headband and bracelet she made. super nice.

There was this big thing this week...gossip that my companion liked an investigator of the elders and that the elders were helping to get them together. We think it was the Girlfriend of this guy who started it. My poor companion was crying. There were other things said, but everyone sunday was like...you know we love you guys...you are special to us. You didn`t do anything...of course it was the same people talking about the gossip...oh well. its gone and done...we hope...

We taught julia and her family again...they accepted a baptism date...only that she said she likes what we teach and all but didn`t like when they went to church...freak! so we have to work on this. i love her kids though! 

So sunday...we went to see mauricio...he wasn`t home. Then we went to see santiago. Miracle...he was home with his whole family! we asked if they were going to go to church. He was like uh...he asked his wife...in the end he said, ´´i am going to be honest. i am not living here. i am living in this house...he pointed to the house in front...we are separated. i don`t think its right to go to church together as a family and pretend things are okay when they are not.¨ we talked and in the end the wife said they would go. we asked if we could help them get ready. they said no but they would be a little late like last time..at 9:30. I left the house crying. I have been teaching them for about 5 months...in fact most of my investigators for 5 months...and i love them and it hurts that they are separated. i just don`t know what more i can do for them. then all of our appointments fell through. our only lesson was with a member. i tell you...i was drained that day. i felt so weak. we went with one family who told us they are catholic and grateful we are teaching but to teach where the word of god is not in a home. that day...after we walked away from each house...i just felt tired. i feel at times like everyone around me is having success, and i am stuck in this bubble. and i don't know how to get out. I have had 3 baptisms...one who is now a councelor in primary, one who is still going strong, and one who after his baptism never came to church and i dont what happened..so its a bit hard.

Well, we have changes next week. my comp goes home. it is super hard for her. she is super sad. 

i love this work, even though there are hard times. I thought  i would share this quote with you

¨life is hard, and we have all gone through times when we have felt that our strength is gone and our faith is weak. But if we will cling to the one who loves us the most-heavenly father-and strengthen our relationship with him through study and prayer, we will make it through.¨- kelli williams

I know i just need to pray harder and study more to have the success i want....which is to help these people. 

i love you all!
hermana chase

No comments:

Post a Comment