Tuesday, May 13, 2014

robbed but not stopping!


from mom - we had a chance to talk to Kaitlin on Mother's Day and she is doing great, especially considering what happened this past week. It was hard for her to speak in English. She kept throwing in Spanish words, and even her English had a Spanish accent! Thank you for all your prayers on her behalf as she serves the Lord in this capacity.   

Okay Family and Friends...
So last monday when I wrote you guys,  everything was good. We got home afterwards got ready quickly and left the house at 6:20 pm to teach. We got home at 9:20. So imagine our house. There is a gate outside that you have to open. From there you walk up the stairs to open another gate. From there you open our front door. Ya? So I always open the door because I carry the keys. So I unlock the first gate and give the lock to my comp to close it. When I start walking up the stairs and see the front door open. My heart fell to the floor...literally...and I ran down and started to gasp no no no no because my comp was going to lock us in. She freaks and we run out. She asks me what happened and I tell her that the front door is open. She told me maybe it was her fault. She closed the door for the first time so she thought she closed it bad. So she starts to walk up the stairs and sees that the lock to the gate outside the front door is gone. So she freaks and runs back down. Our neighbor comes out and asks what happened. We told him we weren`t sure if we left the door open but we think someone broke in. Then we saw the gate on the side of the house and it was open..so we knew. Our neighborr grabbed his machete and entered our house. He came back out and told us that nobody was there but that everything was thrashed. I got so mad..I hit the brick wall and started to cry. I had left my camera and memory card open on my desk easy to take. I ALWAYS take my camara with me but this time I decided to leave it...and they broke in. My 14 months of pictures ( and videos ) gone. Our shoes, backpacks, food, dvd player, music player, perfumes, lotions, everything pretty much but clothes. Our Zone leaders came over and they went with our neighbor to buy 20 dollar locks for each gate. So we slept there that night...with the lights on. The next day a member came over to our house at about 10pm. She felt prompted to come over and see us. We explained what happened and she told us she knew the guard outside and would tell him to pay extra attention to our house. So... when she went to tell him he said that he saw two boys at 2 in the morning trying to break into our house...again. This time they had cut the wires above the brick wall to get in. So we freaked and called our zone leaders...who breaks in at 7pm and again at 2am...locos... so the zone leaders come and we pack an overnight bag...the elders walk us to their house. They told us they were supposed to do divisions with the district leader but for some reason felt they shouldn`t....now we know why. Both them and the member listened to the spirit. So we got to the elders house at about midnight. They showed us where everything was and the elders left...to sleep at our house. We were finally able to sleep in peace...the other night not really. The next day we spent the whole day packing and looking for a house. We ended up going to the first house we had wanted but president said no because it was in the area of the elders. So its a house in front...where the owner lives...and in the back are two rooms where we live. We have one of the rooms. It's small...but its a lot safer and better. 
Okay...so the first few days were weird and hectic...the next day our alarm didn'`t go off and we got up at like 8;20! I was so embarrassed...from there we had a good week. The next day we found 2 families. We visited a family where the mom had read the whole book of mormon menos (less)  the last chapter. so we finished the book of mormon with her. And we put a baptism date with her, her husband and her two kids. We are also teaching the wife of a less active...so we have some possibilates. Also we almost had a baptism yesterday. but when we got there the mom changed her mind and didnt give us permission to baptize her daughter. She calls her daughter the devil and things...it breaks my heart. 
Anyway...I love this work! I love nicaragua...and I LOVE the people. I try not to think that my time is slowly ending. I would never trade these hard, wonderful 14 months  (and 4 months to go) of my life for anything. 

I love you all! And open your mouth to share what you know is true!
Love
Hermana Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment