Wednesday, July 16, 2014

So many blessings


Buenas! 

I can´t believe another week has gone by! This is our last week of this change. The next martes  (tuesday) we will know if I have changes. I pray in my heart that I won´t have changes. I will confess to you something that has been happening in these 2 changes. We have been praying, my hija and I, to find these people that are prepared. And the Lord keeps surprising me by putting these people in my path! Really. In this letter you will read about those who the Lord Himself is preparing. I feel immensely blessed to be a part of this great work. 

So our investigator M_ A_...before we met him he was smoking 1 pack a day, drinking 5-6 times in the week, and drinking coffee every day in the morning and at night. When we met him he was drinking about 1-2 times a week, smoking about 6 cigarettes a day, and coffee....I am pleased to say that in this week he has stopped drinking alcohol, and coffee and only smokes 1 or 2 a day! Also he told us he has seen some of the apostles talk on tv..and he likes the messages! 

We had a baptism this week!!!! ;) A_!!! She was so nervous and S_, the less active who is now preparing for the mission baptized her. He was excited and nervous also. He had just gotten back that day from serving a mini mission for 5 days in managua with an elder, so he was still on that spiritual high. haha. 
Sunday she came to church and recieved the gift of the holy ghost. :)

Sunday it rained...and that did not help our investigators. The last week we had 7 that came to church...this sunday..1. We had 0....Ar_ came to church but without her family! Her son had to come to get baptized this next week! When I asked why she said they wanted to sleep and she couldn´t make them. I told her I wouldn´t be here for their baptism then. After the first hour we left and ran to their house. We found the oldest outside and we told him, lets go to church! He went in to get his shoes and his younger brother came out...who already got baptized. He came too! So this saturday I will baptize my first complete family!

A_ who got baptized...we visited her BF, and he has visited the church before....he is interested and they want to get married. With his work schedule it is a bit difficult...but God loves us and it worked out exactly and we put a fecha (baptismal date) on the last day he has free before he has to work. she wants me to baptize her BF before I go. haha. she said she will write in my notebook but is sad that I have to go...that she loves me and that the time went by too fast.

 God is helping us everyday find these people that are prepared. I can´t believe it. Or maybe I just didn´t see it before...or didn´t try as hard. But every day the Lord is giving us these people who are progressing and ready. I pray to God that I stay in this area. I have come close to many people, and have found so many good people are willing and wanting to change..

This work is the best thing I have done in my life. I am grateful for my heavenly father...for the exact moment when he changed the ages to go on a mission. If he hadn´t changed the ages I don´t think I would have served a mission. But God knows everything. 

I am loving this work. I am sorry if I don´t have much to say.  PLEASE TAKE EVERY MOMENT YOU HAVE TO SHARE THE GOSPEL. You will be surprised at the people the Lord is preparing. 

I love you all! 

Love
HERMANA CHASE

No comments:

Post a Comment